A 5-Day Bridge Course From the Street to the Outdoors
The Wilderness Module for Healthcare Professionals is a 5-day program that focuses on emergency care protocols when separated from definitive care by distance, time, or circumstance. This class is fast-paced and designed for students with an advanced knowledge of patient care, but who seek a better understanding of wilderness and backcountry protocols and procedures. Successful completion of this course upgrades current street first responders, doctors, nurses, and PAs to the WFR level, and current EMTs and Paramedics to the Wilderness EMT (WEMT) level.
This course does not include CPR.
Recommended For: First Responders, Doctors, Nurses, PAs, EMTs, Paramedics
Certifications Received: Depending on previous certifications, students will receive either:
• Wilderness First Responder Certification
• Wilderness EMT Certification
*Price does not include lodging tax - Call for availability
|Wilderness Module for Healthcare Professionals||Mar 2nd - 6th||Bryson City, NC||$725||Book Now|
|Wilderness Module for Healthcare Professionals||Jul 13th - 17th||Bryson City, NC||$725||Book Now|
|Wilderness Module for Healthcare Professionals||Oct 5th - 9th||Bryson City, NC||$725||Book Now|
Barotrauma and Marine Bites & Stings
Case Histories and Mock Rescues
North American Bites & Stings
Principles of Long-Term Patient Care
Severe Weather, Lightning & Avalanche
Soft Tissue Injuries
Wilderness Patient Assessment System
Bridge emergency personnel to Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness EMT status
This 5-day program focuses on emergency care protocols when separated from definitive care by distance, time, or circumstance.
Print the course packing list by clicking on the print icon to the right.
You should plan to have clothing appropriate to the season in which you will be taking the class, as you will spend a significant amount of time outside. The following list is to SUPPLEMENT the clothing you will be wearing. If you have trouble locating some of these items please call us as we have a limited amount for loan.
Necessary items (for all classes)
- Backpack to put everything in (medium to large)
- Rain gear (tops and bottoms)
- Layers of clothing (for splinting exercises and to keep yourself warm during scenarios)
- Warm hat or sun hat
- Water bottles (at least 1 qt/litre)
- Some snacks
- Pen and notepad
- Wrist Watch (cell phone is not sufficient)
- Foot wear appropriate to the terrain (closed toes, no flip flops)
- Insect repellent
(Optional for WFA, Required for AWFA, WFR, WEMT, WEMT Module)
- Old Sleeping bag or blanket
- Footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Plastic tarp or groundsheet (min 6’X6’)
- Head light
- Sleeping pad (ensolite or thermarest)
- Personal first aid kit (Band-Aids etc)
- Trekking poles (useful but not required)