Recertify Your National Registry EMT & WEMT
This class is designed for both EMT's and Wilderness EMT's who need continuing education to maintain their National Registry. This 3-day course covers all national component hours from the NREMT. It also counts toward NC State Certifications.
This course is 20 hours of instruction and follows NAEMT guidelines. Basic Life Support is included.
Course topics include airway management, cardiovascular care, trauma, and EMS operations.
Note: If you want CEU's for another state, you should check with your state EMS office to see if this course qualifies.
Students holding a WEMT must also take a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Recertification class to maintain the wilderness component of their credential.
Recommended For: EMT's, WEMT's
Prerequisites: NREMT or state license, WEMT certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through ASHI
- 20 hours of continuing education
*Price does not include lodging tax - Call for availability
|No Scheduled Courses|
This course will cover required material to recertify WEMT/NREMT.
Print the course packing list by clicking on the print icon to the right.
You should plan to have clothing appropriate to the season in which you will be taking the class, as you will spend a significant amount of time outside. The following list is to SUPPLEMENT the clothing you will be wearing. If you have trouble locating some of these items please call us as we have a limited amount for loan.
Necessary items (for all classes)
- Backpack to put everything in (medium to large)
- Rain gear (tops and bottoms)
- Layers of clothing (for splinting exercises and to keep yourself warm during scenarios)
- Warm hat or sun hat
- Water bottles (at least 1 qt/litre)
- Some snacks
- Pen and notepad
- Wrist Watch (cell phone is not sufficient)
- Foot wear appropriate to the terrain (closed toes, no flip flops)
- Insect repellent
(Optional for WFA, Required for AWFA, WFR, WEMT, WEMT Module)
- Old Sleeping bag or blanket
- Footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Plastic tarp or groundsheet (min 6’X6’)
- Head light
- Sleeping pad (ensolite or thermarest)
- Personal first aid kit (Band-Aids etc)
- Trekking poles (useful but not required)