Recertify Your National Registry EMT & WEMT
This class is designed for both EMTs and Wilderness EMT's who need to certify their National Registry EMT and their WEMT in one class. This 3-day course also counts as continuing education to re-certify National Registry and provides continuing education hours towards NC State certifications. Note: if you are wanting CEUs for another state, you should check with your state EMS office to see if this course qualifies. BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers is included in this course.
This course covers many new topics including Children in the Backcountry, Elderly in the Backcountry, Incident Command and Backcountry Management, and Backcountry Advanced Life Support.
This course will cover required material to recertify WEMT/NREMT.
Print the course packing list by clicking on the print icon to the right.
You should plan to have clothing appropriate to the season in which you will be taking the class, as you will spend a significant amount of time outside. The following list is to SUPPLEMENT the clothing you will be wearing. If you have trouble locating some of these items please call us as we have a limited amount for loan.
Necessary items (for all classes)
- Backpack to put everything in (medium to large)
- Rain gear (tops and bottoms)
- Layers of clothing (for splinting exercises and to keep yourself warm during scenarios)
- Warm hat or sun hat
- Water bottles (at least 1 qt/litre)
- Some snacks
- Pen and notepad
- Wrist Watch (cell phone is not sufficient)
- Foot wear appropriate to the terrain (closed toes, no flip flops)
- Insect repellent
(Optional for WFA, Required for AWFA, WFR, WEMT, WEMT Module)
- Old Sleeping bag or blanket
- Footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Plastic tarp or groundsheet (min 6’X6’)
- Head light
- Sleeping pad (ensolite or thermarest)
- Personal first aid kit (Band-Aids etc)
- Trekking poles (useful but not required)