Upgrade Your Certification
SOLO's bridge courses are designed to help students upgrade their current certification to the next-level certification. Available bridge courses include:
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) to Advanced Wilderness First Aid (AWFA)
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid (AWFA) to Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) to Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
Course length and price varies per bridge course. Please call for more information.
|WFA-AWFA Bridge Course||Apr 19th - 20th, 2023||Bryson City, NC||$250||Book Now|
|WFA-WFR Bridge Course Split Week | April 19-20 AND April 24-27||Apr 19th - 27th, 2023||Bryson City, NC||$700||Book Now|
|AWFA-WFR Bridge Course||Apr 24th - 27th, 2023||Bryson City, NC||$570||Book Now|
|WFA-AWFA Bridge Course||Aug 23rd - 24th, 2023||Bryson City, NC||$250||Book Now|
This course will cover topics to bridge an Advanced Wilderness First Aid Certification to a Wilderness First Responder Certification.
Print the course packing list by clicking on the print icon to the right.
You should plan to have clothing appropriate to the season in which you will be taking the class, as you will spend a significant amount of time outside. The following list is to SUPPLEMENT the clothing you will be wearing. If you have trouble locating some of these items please call us as we have a limited amount for loan.
Necessary items (for all classes)
- Backpack to put everything in (medium to large)
- Rain gear (tops and bottoms)
- Layers of clothing (for splinting exercises and to keep yourself warm during scenarios)
- Warm hat or sun hat
- Water bottles (at least 1 qt/litre)
- Some snacks
- Pen and notepad
- Wrist Watch (cell phone is not sufficient)
- Foot wear appropriate to the terrain (closed toes, no flip flops)
- Insect repellent
(Optional for WFA, Required for AWFA, WFR, WEMT, WEMT Module)
- Old Sleeping bag or blanket
- Footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Plastic tarp or groundsheet (min 6’X6’)
- Head light
- Sleeping pad (ensolite or thermarest)
- Personal first aid kit (Band-Aids etc)
- Trekking poles (useful but not required)