International Wilderness EMT
Length: 14 Days
Price: $2,499.99 (Flight not included)
Jan 17 – 30
View Full Course Calendar
This 14-day program prepares medical professionals to work effectively and safely in challenging environments throughout the World. Whether you’re an experienced international provider or it’s your first time traveling abroad this program has a great deal to offer. This program takes the student through the various stages of designing and deploying a medical program; skills that can be applied to Disaster Relief, Crisis Management and Aid Projects throughout the World.
Prerequisites: Must be 18+ years old to enroll and have EMT Basic training.
Call 828.785.4973 for more information and to book.
- Long pants (lightweight quick drying are preferred)
- Shorts (knee length) Dress (knee length min)
- Long sleeved quick drying travel shirt
- Short-sleeved t-‐shirt
- Trekking shoes
- Bandanas X 2
- Swim wear
- Rain jacket
- Sandals or flip flops
- Wide brimmed sun hat (best) or baseball hat (ok)
- Small medical kit
- Water bottle
- Flashlight or headlight (with spare batteries)
- Personal toiletries and medications
- Sleeping bag (2 season type)
- Hennessy hammock (optional to buy, but available to rent from MedicForce)
- Money belt for passport etc.
- Ear Plugs (roosters wake up early)
- Snacks (granola bars and nuts)
Book, IPod, Small laptop or tablet (at your own risk), Camera **No special plugs or chargers are required